Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Company: Braun & Gresham, PLLC, Plateau Land & Wildlife Management, Inc., and Plateau Land Group, LP
Status: Full time, Exempt
Hours: M-F, 8:30 am – 5:00 pm; varies by business needs and events; additional hours may be necessary
Reports to: Cassie Gresham
Job Summary / Scope
The Human Resources Manager serves a growing family of companies headquartered near Dripping Springs, Texas which provide a broad spectrum of services to clients who are primarily landowners, many of whom want to protect, preserve and enhance their land. This position will provide leadership and direct responsibility for the overall administration, coordination, and evaluation of the Human Resources function for the family of companies.
The family of companies believes our core competencies contribute to the success of our organization and employees. The Human Resources Manager makes sound and timely decisions, is resourceful, follows through on commitments, communicates effectively, is adaptable to different situations, instills trust amongst colleagues and customers, and builds strong customer relationships across all companies. As a leader, the Human Resources Manager also demonstrates business insight, cultivates innovation, develops talent, drives results, and drives the family of companies’ vision and purpose.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Participates as member of the management team and strategic HR partner to understand the organization’s business and financial objectives and develop HR programs to support these goals.
- Conducts all aspects of recruitment and hiring of employees including, but not limited to, writing and posting job advertisements, resume collection, interviewing, and new hire on-boarding for the family of companies.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings to ensure there is strong operations to support the business and its various departments.
- Maintains knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation and ensures family of companies’ compliance pertaining to all personnel matters.
- Oversees and performs all aspects of benefits administration to include, but not limited to vendor management, analysis and reporting, employee enrollment and change reporting, approving invoices for payment, and communicating benefit information to employees.
- Responsible for managing general liability, professional liability, worker’s compensation, and malpractice insurance for all companies.
- Develops and administers various human resources plans and procedures for the family of companies’ personnel including, but not limited to, department goals, objectives and systems.
- Develops, recommends and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures.
- Implements and annually reviews compensation program and updates as necessary, creates and rewrites job descriptions, conducts annual salary surveys and develops budget.
- Responsible for performance management process and revisions to process as necessary.
- Handles employee relations counseling and exit interviewing.
- Maintains company organization charts.
- Manages company-wide training and development goals and monitors career path programs. Structures, develops, leads, and conducts management and employee personnel training for maximum effectiveness on as needed basis.
- Maintains Human Resource Information System and compiles and provides reports from database.
- Manages the reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image.
- Responsible for and oversees the facilities day-to-day operations of all branch offices.
- Supervises the maintenance and alteration of office areas and equipment, as well as layout, arrangement and housekeeping of office facilities.
- Facilitate processes to enhance internal cohesion and shared company culture.
- Oversees employee company events and recognition programs.
- Must work with outside service providers and professional consultants, staff, information, and materials from all departments.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of four (4) to six (6) years of Human Resources experience, or seven (7) years of experience in the Human Resource field, or any similar combination of education and experience.
- Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration.
- Demonstrated leadership and strategic HR planning ability.
- Problem solving and resolution at both strategic and functional level.
- Strong relationship builder and ability to garner trust and confidence as an HR leader for the organization.
- Conflict management skills and ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint).
- Exceptional written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects on deadline.
- Adaptable and able to tolerate changes in priorities and competing demands.
- Able to work independently as well as with teams while monitoring outcomes.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certification.
- Supervisory experience.
- Hands on experience in performing budgeting functions and compensation planning.
- Knowledge of risk management.
- Knowledge of Amcheck iSolved or other HRIS.
To apply for a position, please fill out this online form.
About the Family of Companies:
For more than 20 years, Plateau Land & Wildlife Management, Inc. has served rural landowners with tax strategies, wildlife management plans and services. The law offices of Braun & Gresham, PLLC provides legal counsel to landowners nationwide. Rural land brokerage, Plateau Land Group, LP completes the family of companies, dedicated to providing the most complete set of services for buyer and sellers of rural land in Texas. Together the family of companies provide an unmatched level of service to clients that starts with our employees. We are a family of attorneys, real estate agents, wildlife biologists, registered property tax consultants, professional field technicians, marketing and sales professionals, and the finest support staff all with an undeniable passion for land conservation and stewardship.
We offer a casual, exciting, and family-oriented work environment and competitive compensation, complemented by an excellent benefits package that includes a 401k plan with company match and profit sharing.
When applying, qualified candidates should include a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.
Braun & Gresham, Plateau Land & Wildlife and Plateau Land Group are an Equal Opportunity Employer and a smoke-free workplace.