Job Summary / Scope
The Business Development & Marketing Manager serves a growing family of companies headquartered near Dripping Springs, Texas which provide a broad spectrum of services to clients who are primarily landowners, many of whom want to protect, preserve and enhance their land. The Business Development & Marketing Manager develops, coordinates and implements innovative marketing strategies, programs and practices to achieve company goals. This is an enthusiastic, self-starter who works closely with lawyers and other members of the firm to develop new clients and attract business as well as maintain relationships with existing clients. The Business Development Manager also works with staff and vendors to develop and oversee annual marketing production calendars for Braun & Gresham, Plateau Land & Wildlife and Plateau Land Group.
The family of companies believes our core competencies contribute to the success of our organization and employees. The Business Development & Marketing Manager makes sound and timely decisions is resourceful, follows through on commitments, communicates effectively, is adaptable to different situations, instills trust amongst colleagues and customers, and builds strong customer relationships across all companies. As a leader, the Business Development & Marketing Manager also demonstrates business insight, cultivates innovation, develops talent, drives results, and drives the family of companies’ vision and purpose.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the firm principals, attorneys and marketing team to develop and maintain strategic short-term and long-range business and marketing plans.
- Work across all departments within the family of companies to achieve objectives and marketing plans, with 70% of focus and time spent on Braun & Gresham, 15% Plateau Land & Wildlife and 15% Plateau Land Group.
- Lead research efforts to analyze clients’ behavior (e.g. purchasing habits, trends and preferences).
- Lead business development efforts, to include strategy, development and oversight of sales and networking training, review of attorney sales and networking efforts, coordination of presentations and speaking opportunities for attorneys and sales team and marketing materials, including bi-weekly and quarterly newsletters, blogs, success stories, one-pagers and other handouts as needed to ensure marketing plans are implemented, goals are met and branding is on message.
- Oversee website updates and consistently review for improvements to user interface and content.
- Attend monthly firm meetings and other non-marketing related staff meetings when necessary, as well as individual meetings with management and attorneys, to ensure marketing efforts are on schedule.
- Track and analyze effectiveness of marketing efforts including market share growth, web traffic on a regular basis, utilizing Google Analytics to develop reports on website performance comparing results to revenue targets.
- Work with family of companies to identify and develop co-marketing opportunities.
- Collaborate with team and oversee specific projects for the company’s public relations efforts to include media relations and social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube).
- Develop, plan and promote workshops, webinars and seminars for attorneys and sales teams and oversee implementation.
- Review and ensure accuracy of monthly marketing expense/budgets and new matter reports.
- Develop content for and lead training at bi-annual attorney marketing retreats.
- Work under the guidance of the Director of Marketing and supervise vendors, marketing coordinators and assistants.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, or related field.
- 5-10 years experience and demonstrable results in business development, sales and/or business-to-business marketing.
- Working knowledge of the following software: Word Press, Adobe Connect, Mail Chimp and Constant Contact, Photoshop, Practice Advantage, Microsoft suite (including Outlook and Publisher).
- Familiar with web analytics and Google AdWords.
- Knowledge of traditional and digital marketing tools.
- Experience with research methods using data analytics software.
- Effective use of social media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
- Experience with event promotion.
- Experience with creating long-range, strategic marketing plans, including annual budgets.
- Project Management experience.
- Excellent communication, technical and creative writing skills.
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple projects on deadline.
- Able to work independently as well as with teams while monitoring outcomes.
- Excellent people management, communication and presentation skills.
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- A working knowledge of rural land legal, real estate and wildlife issues.
- Graphic design, copywriting and public relations experience.
- Experience with business development in the professional services industry.
To apply for a position, please fill out this online form.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Plateau Land & Wildlife Management, Inc offers a small, casual and family-oriented work environment and competitive compensation complemented by an excellent benefits package. When applying, qualified candidates should include a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements.
Plateau Land & Wildlife Management, Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer and a smoke-free workplace.